Brain Injury Association of Peterborough Region (BIAPR) has volunteer opportunities in the Four Counties of Peterborough, the City of Kawartha Lakes, Haliburton and Northumberland. Our volunteers are trained to work with our clients. We offer a good working knowledge of our policies and procedures and hands-on learning opportunities. Upon successful completion of training, volunteers are matched with activities, based upon compatibility.
We currently offer the following opportunities for volunteers to:
- provide companionship to adults by conversing with them, reading, playing games (cards, pool), assist with writing
- assist staff with social recreation programs, facilitating games, groups, art projects, meal preparation and clean-up
- support office staff, assisting with filing, copying, data entry, answering telephones, mailings, and other general office duties
With the growing requests for our services, our need for volunteer support also grows. We appreciate and value our volunteers and recognize them as our greatest resource.
Volunteering enriches lives in many ways. Personal benefits to volunteers include:
- meeting new people
- gaining valuable work experience
- learning and develop new skills
- sharing your talents
- developing your knowledge and abilities
- developing a greater understanding of community resources
- developing greater understanding of social justice and community issues
- securing job references
- exploring career opportunities
- making a difference in your community
To apply for a Volunteer position, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please enter VOLUNTEER in subject line.